Sunday, January 17, 2010

Travel town USA and Liam's First Birthday


I went to Travel Town up in the Hollywood Hills today for my friends' son's first birthday party. As usual, I documented the event in pictures ... but I wonder: is this a joyful expression of photojournalism? I mean, I was telling the story of Liam's first birthday party. At the very least, I would say that it counts as my portrait assignment for journalism class. Out of 172 pictures, I chose my 36 favorites to post on Facebook ... it's hard to say what my favorite portrait image was however cause Liam's such a friggin cutie. There were about 20 folks at Liam's birthday and nearly everyone had a camera of some type. Travel town has a "photography policy" that states that there is to be "no commercial photography" .. but, there were people running about with multiple cameras strapped to themselves, big flash reflectors, and huge lenses. I have to wonder how they enforce such a random policy.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you haven't run into the Travel Town police. They carry very loud whistles with them.

    ReplyDelete